Deaths often occur in confined spaces because the atmosphere
is oxygen deficient, toxic or flammable. Therefore, testing
and monitoring are important elements of prevention.
This seminar will provide participants with the “hands-on”
opportunity to learn how to select and use gas testing equipment
needed for entry into confined spaces.
- Basic terms and definitions
- Types of tests generally performed
- Selection, care, use and limitations of combustible gas
detectors and oxygen meters
- Selection, use, and limitations of detector tubes
- Field calibration and functional tests
- Sampling techniques
- Tips on purchasing gas testing equipment
- Tips on developing a training program for gas testers
- Samples of gas testing equipment will be available for